I make this yummy super green smoothie almost every morning so thought I’d share the recipe.
This smoothie is packed full of goodness and is perfect to wake you up and kick start your morning.
I would never dream of eating most of these ingredients so all the more reason to wizz them up into a delicious smoothie!
So, why is it so super?
- The chia seeds are full of omega 3, fibre and antioxidants, but they also make this smoothie extra filling which is exactly what I need to start my busy days.
- Avocados are a super food. They are great for your skin and hair, full of fibre and healthy fats and help stabilise your blood sugar and lower cholesterol.
- Now for the green stuff, spinach. It’s not just good for Popeye! It is rich in iron and an excellent source of Vitamin’s K, A, C and B2 as well as manganese, magnesium and folic acid. No wonder Popeye was so strong!
- Celery is another amazing green veg. It aids digestions, reduces inflammation, contains “good” salts, and can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Cucumber helps rehydrate your body, contains B Vitamins for a quick pick me up, aids in weight loss and promotes joint health.
- Last but not least the amazing apples. They are full of fibre, great for your skin and contain Vitamins A and C and potassium.
Wow, this really is a super green smoothie!
Anyway, enough of the amazing benefits, now for the recipe!
I make this one in my Vitamix as I have found it to be hands down, the best for making super smooth smoothies (I haaaaate bits). You can pop whole apples in there and it blends them up effortlessly.
This recipe will make enough for two big glasses:
- 2 apples
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 inch piece of cucumber
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of apple juice
- 1 handful of ice cubes
The apple juice is best freshly juiced in a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer or you are short of time, you can use the pre bottled kind. Just make sure it’s not from concentrate and doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients. Apple juice should only contain apples!
I’m never too strict with the measurements, I just throw in whatever looks about right so you can mess about with it until you get it just how you like it.
How to make it:
- Take your veg and juice and pop them into your Vitamix (I usually put the apples in first).
- Start on variable speed 1 and slowly crank it up to 10.
- Flick it to high speed and use your tamper to push everything down into the blades.
- Once it is all smooth, drop in your ice cubes and leave it to blend for a few seconds.
- Pour into your favourite glass, pop in a straw and enjoy!
Let me know if you have tried it and what you think by leaving a comment below.
P.S This information is based on my own personal experience and is not to be used as professional advice. I always recommend that you seek advice from a professional.
Share the post "Super Green Smoothie in the Vitamix"