Mango and Apple Iced Smoothie in the Vitamix
I just made myself one of these amazingly sweet and tasty mango and apple iced smoothies and thought I’d share the recipe as it’s just far too delicious to keep to myself.
This ice cold drink makes me imagine lying on a sunny beach on a tropical island but, it’s just as fun to drink in the rain here in Scotland.
It’s so easy and quick to make with only a few ingredients and a Vitamix (or other blender). This recipe will make one big glass but, you can double up on the quantities to make more.
What you need:
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup of fresh apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (optional but very good for you)
- 1 handful of ice cubes
The apple juice is best freshly juiced in a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer or you are short of time, you can use the pre bottled kind. Just make sure it’s not from concentrate and doesn’t contain any nasty ingredients. Apple juice should only contain apples!
I’m never too strict with the measurements, I just throw in whatever looks about right so you can mess about with it until you get it just how you like it.
How to make it:
- Take your apple, mango, chia seeds and juice and pop them into your Vitamix (I usually put the apple in first).
- Start on variable speed 1 and slowly crank it up to 10.
- Flick it to high speed and use your tamper to push everything down into the blades.
- Once it is all smooth, drop in your ice cubes and leave it to blend for a few seconds.
- Pour into your favourite glass, pop in a straw and enjoy the icy deliciousness!
Why it’s good for you and not just super yummy:
- Mangos contain antioxidants, Vitamins A, C and E which are great for skin, eyesight and to boost your immune system. They also have enzymes to help break down protein and improve digestion. Mangos also help normalise the insulin levels in your blood and alkalise the body.
- The chia seeds are full of omega 3, fibre and antioxidants, but they also make this smoothie extra filling.
- Amazing apples are full of fibre, great for your skin and contain Vitamins A and C and potassium.
Let me know if you have tried it and what you think by leaving a comment below.
P.S This information is based on my own personal experience and is not to be used as professional advice. I always recommend that you seek advice from a professional.
Share the post "Mango and Apple Iced Smoothie in the Vitamix"